Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Bicycle Project 2, day 8

Another day passes and I'm starting to wonder whether I should recalibrate the statement " I built this bicycle with some help from David Bohm" and admit that "David Bohm built this bike with some interference from me".

Nah.

Today was all about frame alignment and lug preparation for the final build. Cleaning the lugs down to 150 grit then setting the frame takes plenty of time. And there's simply no sex-appeal to this job. Although Chelsea (Dave's very friendly and docile dog) did rub up and down my leg a bit.

Top head tube lug ready for painting. Remainder of the frame is not quite as finished...

Tomorrow we select the colours for painting and connect the frame elements. We should have the frame brazed together before I leave on Friday.

No comments: